With the right beach house rentals, Lincoln City, Oregon can be the perfect place to spend Labor Day weekend with the whole family. Many people consider this long weekend the unofficial end of summer and one last excuse to barbeque and celebrate the sunshine. For kids who’ve recently returned to school, the festive feeling of Labor Day also helps ease the transition back into early morning wakeups and homework assignments. If a weekend away for Labor Day sounds like a plan for you, A-1 Beach Rentals can help you find the right beach vacation rentals. Lincoln City and its exciting calendar of events will do the rest!
Activities & Events for Labor Day in Lincoln City
There is wide a range of arts, cultural and entertainment events to choose from if you’re planning on spending Labor Day weekend in Lincoln City, Oregon. Here are a few of the top picks:
- 60 Works in 60 Days – The latest show at Lincoln City Cultural Center’s Chessman Gallery runs from August 10 to September 10, with local artists Katia Kyte (oils) and Joanne Daschel (glass & stone mosaics) each creating one small piece every day.
- Cruise the Coast – The main street in Lincoln City is transferred into a 7-mile “cruise scene” with music and car shows from August 24 to September 15.
- ‘Sylvia’ at Theatre West – Escape from reality with live theatre at 7:30 pm on Thursday, August 30 and Friday, August 31. The latest play on at Lincoln City’s Theatre West centers on a man who finds a dog in the park with the name “Sylvia” on her tag, which comes as a welcome surprise for him but a is seen as a cause for jealousy by his wife.
- Live Music All Weekend – Country/rock band Rock & Roll Cowboys play live at Chinook Winds Casino’s Seafood Grill from 8pm-midnight on Friday, August 31 and Saturday, September 1. Rusty Truck Brewing also features lively acts throughout the weekend. Syco Bill’s String Band are on at 9 pm on August 31, Hippie Love Slave perform electric blues at 9 pm on September 1 and Billy D & the Hoodoos play at 8 pm on September 2.
- Italian Cooking Class – If you’re interested in learning how to prepare fall-inspired Italian food from scratch, you’ll want to book your spot at this hands-on cooking class at Lincoln City’s Culinary Center from 11am-2pm on Saturday, September 1. The $75 fee includes lessons from a renowned chef followed by a delicious meal and wine.
- Free Fishing Weekend – Oregon residents and visitors will be treated to a full weekend of free crabbing, clamming and fishing without a license on Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2 complements of the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife.
- Summer Morning Matinee – Lincoln City’s Bijou Theatre wraps up its popular Sunday Morning Matinee series with the beloved animated classic ‘All Dogs Go To Heaven” on Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2 at 11 am.
- Farmers & Crafters Market – Lincoln City’s Cultural Center comes alive with its outdoor Farmers & Crafters Market from 9 am to 3 pm on Sunday, September 2, featuring nothing but handmade and homegrown items.
For more information about the above activities and events, visit the Oregon Coast website’s Lincoln City events calendar.
Sun and Fun are the Main Event
Whether you choose a larger rental home or one of our cozy beach condo rentals, Lincoln City is perfectly positioned for fun in the sun thanks to its 7½ miles of pristine beaches. The whole family can enjoy beach walks, building sandcastles, swimming in the ocean or sunbathing, and then head back for barbecuing or even some time in the hot tub. So don’t waste time. Contact A-1 Beach Rentals to book your perfect Labor Day beach rental today!